This Blog

Basically, these are my thoughts, opinions and experiences in the scientific world, more specifically the world of astrophysics. So if you like astronomy and astrophysics you're most definitely in the right place!

The name of my blog may be cliché 'infinity of possibilities before me' but that's what I see when I look up at the sky because there is so much out there that there really must be an infinite of possibilities (as long as they work within the laws of physics, of course).

And my title '1,429,400,000 km away'? That is my first post.

Enjoy...

Saturday, 3 January 2015

I'm back from the ESO Astronomy Camp 2014! 

It was such an amazing week, I never wanted it to end. I miss everything about the camp and I miss everyone from it. 

There's so much to say that I'm going to have to go over the camp day by day, telling you the highlights. I can't go into too much detail though, I almost put my parents to sleep while telling them about the week!

So here are just a few of the highlights. 

We stuck signs on each other's backs: 

'Don't approach. I'll bite you!'
'I like unicorns'


'Kick me'
'Don't approach. I'll bite you!'
Don't approach. I'll bite you!''



Don't approach. I'll bite you!'


We used our calculators to make cool shapes: 














In the evenings we were awed by Benjamin's Rubix Cube abilities: 





We ran up and down hills: 



(And y'know, I fractured my arm.)

But everyone signed it so really I didn't mind fracturing it in the first place. 


More to come when I have perfected the art of typing with one hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment