The Best Christmas Present Ever...
Even though I could enter a coma due to the amount of food I consumed today I don't know how I'm going to sleep tonight.Tomorrow I am getting up at 4:30 to go to Heathrow Airport. Eight hours later I will be at the European Southern Observatory (ESO) Astronomy Camp 2014. I am so excited.
| The European Southern Observatory |
Suddenly it was 9:30 in the evening and I knew that if I was going to receive an email I should have gotten it by now and thought 'oh well, it was an opportunity but it's not the end of the world'. My mother called me downstairs at about 10 o'clock and proceeded to tell me that I had won a bursary to attend the ESO Astronomy Camp 2014. I don't know who was more astonished, myself or her.
My reaction may have involved screeching and jumping.
The ESO Astronomy Camp is an incredible opportunity. 57 students from 21 countries are attending in order to spend a week learning about distances in Astronomy, 23 of these students are coming on bursaries funded by scientific organisation from 11 countries. It is brilliant that so many organisations are willing to give funding for young people such as myself to delve deeper into our fields of interest. So thank you to all of the companies and government organisations which take the time to help young people like myself go and have the most brilliant experiences.
I have my snowboots packed and my camera ready for taking photos.
I'm looking forward to the most amazing week!
No comments:
Post a Comment